directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Maven build error for directory-naming core
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:26:22 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Saturday 27 November 2004 01:03, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>

>>Now really? If this is the case that's great.  How do we verify this
>>loophole?
>>

>And personally I think ASF should just stand up and defy any interpretation
>and place these public Jars in the Maven repository.
>
>Would Sun sue ASF?? No chance.

True but that's kind of unlawful and disrespectful WRT SUN.  IANAL but
according to the law this is their stuff.  I don't think we want to do
unlawful things as an organization.  It would give the wrong message.  I
think we can cordially ask SUN to see if they can change their policy
even if it is specifically with regard to the ASF's ability to
distribute without violating their policy.

>But that is just *my* opinion.

ditto ...

Alex