directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: I'd like to start helping out here
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:37:01 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

>Thank you Berin first of all!
>
>SEDA currently lacks of traffic throttling.  Do you have any
>experience on this topic?  If so it would be very very nice. :)

In Sandstorm they use EnqueuePredicate objects to handle that.  My D-Haven
Event package has a RateLimitingEnqueuePredicate.  As long as you don't
use lossy methods to enqueue the events you can exert some "back pressure"
to slow things down a bit.

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,