directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: Working with SEDA
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:34:31 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

>>The Maven build structure could definitely be improved, but I do have some
>>questions about getting up to speed.  When I build SEDA through Maven,
>>things build OK even though some of the tests fail.  However, when I use
>>the IDEA project file generated by Maven I can't build anything.  It
>>complains
>>about not finding the org.apache.common.codec.* packages.  Now it appears
>>that that is in Snickers?
>>

>It is because Sinckers has the same groupId with SEDA.  You'll have to
>check out an appropriate project and add it as a module.  Actually I
>don't use IDEA now, so I don't remember clear.  Alex, am I right?

I got IDEA working properly.

>BTW, does test fail?  Could you tell me which test fails?

All the tests that do network connections--but the reason is my
environment.  I
just realized last night that I firewall my machine, and I haven't
opened up any
unknown ports (i.e. only web related ports are open).

I'll have to open up a port just to make the tests pass.

>>Lastly, there are two SEDA items: one in branches and one in trunk.  Which
>>is the one being used right now?
>>

>Trunk.  That branch will be deleted and a new branch will be created
>for refactoring.

OK.

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,