directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Working with SEDA
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 01:34:24 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

>>The Maven build structure could definitely be improved, but I do have some
>>questions about getting up to speed.  When I build SEDA through Maven,
>>things build OK even though some of the tests fail.  However, when I use
>>the IDEA project file generated by Maven I can't build anything.  It
>>complains
>>about not finding the org.apache.common.codec.* packages.  Now it appears
>>that that is in Snickers?
>>

>It is because Sinckers has the same groupId with SEDA.  You'll have to
>check out an appropriate project and add it as a module.  Actually I
>don't use IDEA now, so I don't remember clear.  Alex, am I right?

Yeah its a bug says Brett in the Idea plugin which is being worked out.
Basically the idea plugin presumes that every maven module that is in
the same group ID will be an idea module.  So it creates a dependency on
the Idea module presuming it will be added as a module to the Idea
project and not on the the jar artifact in the local maven repository.

This really bites but I've been waiting for the idea plugin to be fixed
rather than veering away from the correct structure.  I think patches
have been applied to the plugin for this.  I'll have to check.

Alex