directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject I'd like to start helping out here
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:11:41 GMT
One of the things that I believe this projects need is a good security
model and load
shedding system.  Having worked both with SEDA style systems and Java
security,
I believe I can lend a decent helping hand here.

The immediate need that I would have for this system is to deny access
or allow access
from specific addresses.  I do envision something where this list can be
dynamically
managed so that when someone is trying to do a DoS attack on Eve the
address slips
into the deny list and the current requests get purged from the system.
But first things
first--I just want to be able to deny a configured IP through the SEDA
layer (which
will enable that).

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,