directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject builds and releases
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:02:42 GMT
Hi,

After a brief discussion with Alex I've agreed to start helping out
getting the Maven build in order for the release. I'm presently just
attending to some bugs, but have also started taking down some thoughts
on changes that could be made. Would like to gather some opinions before
doing anything. There's also a bunch of stuff like JIRA URLs and such
that need cleaning up, which I'll just do.

Things I'd like to do:
- rename group to directory, not incubator-directory to make it easier
to later make the transition. Don't imagine there is any benefit from
having the incubator there
- probably discussed before, but would like'org.apache.directory.*' as
the package names (not really build related)
- add the version to the SNAPSHOTs to indicate what the next release
will be "1.0-SNAPSHOT" or maybe "1.0-M1-SNAPSHOT" (depends on what we
plan to release)
- move eve plugin up a directory in SVN
- convert the ant tasks to pura java code, wrapped as a maven plugin and
an ant task (if still needed)
- ldap-ber-provider in snickers has an inconsistent name or location

Also:
DateUtilsTest in ldap-common fails in any timezone other than -0500 :)
Should DateUtils be setting TimeZone to UTC? The test seems to expect
it, but then doesn't use that in the string.

I'll talk more on my thoughts about releases later on, I have to leave
for work now.

Cheers,
Brett