directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: To release or not to release?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:20:14 GMT
Tencé, Vincent wrote:

<snip/>

>Can you point me to where this hardcoded area of the server is?
>
>Post the Slides and please give us some feedback on the presentation :-)

I just posted the slides which you probably just saw.  Let me know if
there are issues getting to it.  Basically there is an interceptor with
hard coded rules for authorization here:

https://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/eve/trunk/jndi-provider/src/java/org/apache/eve/jndi/ibs/AuthorizationService.java?rev=56479&view=auto

In terms of the presentation well a good number of people showed up.
Bad news is I did not do a very good job managing these slides which had
far too much information on them.  I should have basically told the
people attending that and opened up things for conversation.  Well I try
harder next year with short minimal presentations on using Eve and on
LDAP then perhaps do a big session in the weekend before the conference
on how to write backends and alter Eve.  So overall the presentation was
not so good for these reasons but no biggy.  We'll get it right next time.

BTW the presentation has much of what you need to start getting down and
dirty with Eve in most respects.  The only thing not covered is the
detailed design of the default backend database.  I may need to get a
document out on this at some time though.

Alex