directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [seda] many reply handlers
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:13:54 GMT
Hey Trustin,

I was just lookin at the code and it looks like handlers that return
multiple responses for a request are stubbed out.    I think I left it
that way back :).  No worries I can cap it off but I want to ask a few
questions about synchronization first. Take a look here at
reply(ManyReplyHandler):

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/seda/trunk/src/java/org/apache/seda/protocol/DefaultRequestProcessor.java?rev=56429&view=auto

    /**
     * Handles the generation and return of multiple responses.
     *
     * @param handler the handler that generates the responses
     * @param request the request responded to
     */
    private void reply( ManyReplyHandler handler, Object request, ClientKey key )
    {
        Object response = null;

        try
        {
            Iterator list = handler.handle(key, request);

            if (handler.isSequential())
            {
                while (list.hasNext())
                {
                    response = list.next();

                    // @todo: need to force serialized response processing
                    // perhaps we need to add an isResponseOrdered or a
                    // response sequence number for multi-part responses
------------------> throw new UnsupportedOperationException("need response serialization");

Basically I would iterate through the list and generate a response event
for each item.  Each item is a response to the same request.   Now you
had mentioned some changes to use a queue that orders events in the
right way so as to return the events back to the client in the order
they were created for ManyReplyHandlers.

If I publish these responses off the Iterator above as ResponseEvent
will the order of event delivery automagically be in the order of event
creation?

Thanks in advance,
Alex