directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <m...@ScheduleWorld.com>
Subject Java 5 compile error (AbstractStringBuilder is not visible)
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 03:46:40 GMT
Hello,

This code fails:
        StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer();
        buf.append( "base: " ).append( base ).append( "\n" );

The problem is that .append(String).append(String)... does not work.
The workaround that must be done is to change the above code to look like
this:
buf.append("base:");
buf.append(base);
buf.append("\n");

This will work on Jdk 1.4, and jdk 1.5.

Cheers.

BTW, I would submit a patch for both of these fixes, but I do not know how to
do this as I am a subversion newbie. If someone knows what I should type I
would be happy to do it.

--
Free SyncML-capable J2ME & J2SE replacement for Exchange and Outlook
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/