directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Maven build error for directory-naming core
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:21:48 GMT
On Saturday 27 November 2004 01:03, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Now really? If this is the case that's great.  How do we verify this
> loophole?

For JavaMail the license text is;

A. Software Internal Use and Development License Grant.
  Subject to the terms and conditions of this
  Agreement, including, but not limited to Section B
  (Java Technology Restrictions) of these
  Supplemental Terms, Sun grants you a non-exclusive,
  non-transferable, limited license to reproduce
  internally and use internally the binary form of
  the Software complete and unmodified for the sole
  purpose of designing, developing and testing your
  Java applets and applications intended to run on
  the Java platform ("Programs").

Maybe I was wrong (and broken this license on a few hundred occassions), as it
doesn't mention re-dsitrbute at all. (maybe text have changed over the years)

OTOH, it could also be interpreted as it would be Ok for ASF to download and
make available for ASF development, but not re-distribution to other parties.
"internally" is also not defined, and if _I_ download on behalf of the entire
Java developer and user community, or mankind for that matter, can I then say
"internal use" being within planet earth?

--
  / http://www.dpml.net       /