directory-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Wegner <marty_weg...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: To release or not to release?
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 04:55:49 GMT

> We definitely have embeddability in mind.  The core stuff will be POJO
> and we'll provide, or help with, wrappers for well-known containers.

Great.  What I hope happens is that once Eve is working and is embeddable
that the Jarkarta teams will start to think about moving configuration
information from static XML/property files to Eve.  By doing so we would
have distributed, centralized software configuration beyond just users and
user groups.  We do that in all of our projects here and the benefits are
immense.

Of course I am probably preaching to the choir.  ;)

--Marty