directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [eve] Integration plans
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:04:03 GMT
Enrique,

I think you should stick to the path of making the Kerberos server
interoperable with OpenLDAP.  This is good in several respects.  We want
to support OpenLDAP as much as possible as a related open souce LDAP
server effort.  Hence we want to interoperate with it and those that use
is already.  Plus several people will want to deploy the Kerberos server
in a stand alone configuration without Eve in the picture so OpenLDAP is
an excellent option.

Plus once you've written the JNDI code we should only have to swap the
JNDI povider, especially since all the schema's and operational
behaviors will be exactly like that of OpenLDAP.

Alex