directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Generalization of SEDA
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:46:15 GMT
Before this discussions goes much further, I'd like to remind everyone of
the prior history and discussions:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=directory-dev@incubat
or.apache.org&by=thread&from=581520

Not to change direction, but to level set, particularly on expectations and
the potential for reuse within the ASF.  Nicola Ken is right to be careful
about package names, but there is every possibility that, done right, this
could be broadly used across the ASF.

So let's make sure that as we develop this, and as the vapor gells into
something very real and functional, that we keep folks like Craig, Berin,
folks from Axis, and elsewhere in the loop.  It should be developed here.
Taking reusable code too soon from its nest because there is the possibility
that it could be reused often kills the project.  So let's be inclusive, and
invite them to participate here.

	--- Noel