directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: Coding Standards: API, IMPL and reuse
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:32:25 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > There are relatively few packages that have a complete
> > separation of API and implementation.  Almost nothing
> > in J2SE and J2EE.

> Others shit is a bad excuse to intentionally keep making
> your own shit.

You missed my point.  As I asked:

> > What is acceptable to expose in an API?  And where?

And you responded:

> Your own API should be sleek and clean.

This issue came up in terms of exposing other people's packages in our API.
So are you suggesting that since J2SE APIs are not clean, where clean is
defined as a total API/impl separation, that we not expose them in our
public API?

> > Trustin asked about coding standards.  Forget about braces,
> > tabs, end of line and other mechanical things.  THIS is a
> > coding standards issue.

> Maybe I have missed it, but I haven't seen Trustin asking
> about coding standards. The only one I can think of is
> his query about "code convention".

Same issue.  My point is simply that this issue is a lot more important than

	--- Noel

View raw message