directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coding Standards: API, IMPL and reuse
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 00:18:53 GMT
>   1. service interfaces
>   2. exceptions
>   3. other immutable datatypes

Nice!  But I have a question:  Does 'service interface' mean literally
Java 'interface' construct?  If so, I'm slightly negative on this.
How about abstract classes or very well defined APIs such JDOM?  If
what the service does is very concrete and needs only small extension
point , abstract classes or concrete classes which provides some
extension points using the patterns such as Observer or Strategy.

Trustin
--
what we call human nature in actually is human habit