directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [seda] event notifier pattern clarification
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:13:33 GMT
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:00:28 -0700, Cetin Karakus
<cetin.karakus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
> I think that  Advices are a kind of meta-filters with message
> transformation capabilities.
> In order for Advices to  transform EventObjects in interesting ways
> they need to access
> the context  provided by EventRouter. So, perhaps we need to introduce
> this into the Advice
> contract.

Attaching routing history on Event object would be nice.

By attaching the routing history on events we can:

* Know estimated process timer per each subscribers
* Route from routing history, for example, advice can route the event
corresponding to whether it has been visited the specific subscriber
or not.

This is just an idea and can be dangerous in the aspect of memory
usage of course.

Trustin
--
what we call human nature in actually is human habit