directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Generalization of SEDA
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 05:29:59 GMT
Alex and me talked about EventRouter and its implementation.  SEDA is
a generic event processing framework with multi-layed thread pool, so
routing events between stages is important.  So I suggest the
separation of SEDA core and SEDA network extension now.  The possible
package name would be 'org.apache.seda' and
'org.apache.seda.extension.network'.

I think it is mandatory to do it now because doing so is relatively
cheap and the net effect is very good.  Moreover UDP implementation is
being delayed because of its natural difference from TCP (the
borderline between listener and input stage is ambiguous), so we can
proceed the separation while discussing the UDP issue.  Of course I
can post a patch for this.

How do you think?

Trustin
--
what we call human nature in actually is human habit