directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [seda] API & IMPL project/jar consolidation
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:29:13 GMT
> Right now I have reduced the number of build time dependencies in the
> SEDA impl down to the following:
>
> codec-stateful
> commons-logging

In the long term, is forking the classes of other commons libraries
good?  I was thinking there is no need to forki the classes of mature
libraries.

> So with these I ask if reuniting these two projects is the right path.
> I'm leaning towards that but I wanted to get Steve's take on this with
> these new details.

I love your idea, and I think it is an absolutely right path.  For
example, Hibernate2 bundles everything in one jar and describes which
library is required to use the specific feature.  I believe only the
runtime dependency is important.  Who cares the compile time
dependency?

Trustin

--
what we call human nature in actually is human habit