directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Generalization of SEDA
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:19:29 GMT

Trustin Lee wrote:
> Alex and me talked about EventRouter and its implementation.  SEDA is
> a generic event processing framework with multi-layed thread pool, so
> routing events between stages is important.  So I suggest the
> separation of SEDA core and SEDA network extension now.  The possible
> package name would be 'org.apache.seda' and
> 'org.apache.seda.extension.network'.

Careful about not using the org.apache.subproject convention in
packages, I would strongly suggest 'org.apache.directory.seda' instead.

Avalon did it once for logging and it created only confusion.

Besides, if Apache starts an indipendent project called 'seda', there
would be naming clashes between the project artifacts.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -