directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <>
Subject Re: Continuous integration
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:26:28 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Saturday 11 September 2004 02:40, Tencé, Vincent wrote:
>>I did not know Gump was a full continuous integration tool. Are we set up
>>to use it on the project?
We've discussed this here in the past, so there might be some more info
in the archives.

>Gump requires that a module is defined with one or more projects in them. This
>is done in XML.
>It is not that hard to set up, but Gump's Maven support is somewhat untested
>territory. In Avalon, we used Ant wrappers around Maven, but the Gumpmeisters
>are indicating that this is no longer necessary.
There is theoretically no problem with Gump's Maven support - it was
very straightforward to integrate. I've also volunteered to do any Maven
work necessary to get projects building with gump, though I don't think
there is any need other than the occasional tweak to the gump descriptor

I think directory would be a great to try directory out on gump and work
through any Maven issues that arise, though I'm confident that it'll be
fine. Gump is not rebuilding Maven from CVS at the moment, so it is
using a nice clean 1.0 install.

>All ASF committers have commit rights in Gump to setup this up, but asking for
>the first few steps on Gump's mailing list is worthwhile.
I think directory-naming is already in there but disabled for some
reason (probably was before the maven stuff was implemented).

I'm not intimately familiar with gump myself (and don't really have any
bandwidth to give to this at the moment), but I get the feeling others
here are - so if someone wants to kick this off, I'd be happy to make
the time to sort out any Maven issues.

View raw message