directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Continuous integration
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:05:18 GMT
On Saturday 11 September 2004 02:40, Tencé, Vincent wrote:
> I did not know Gump was a full continuous integration tool. Are we set up
> to use it on the project?

Gump requires that a module is defined with one or more projects in them. This
is done in XML.
It is not that hard to set up, but Gump's Maven support is somewhat untested
territory. In Avalon, we used Ant wrappers around Maven, but the Gumpmeisters
are indicating that this is no longer necessary.

All ASF committers have commit rights in Gump to setup this up, but asking for
the first few steps on Gump's mailing list is worthwhile.

Personally, I would love to see the (unlikely?) move to Magic instead, which
has full Gump support built-in from scratch. Once touched by Magic, one never
goes back. :o)

Cheers
Niclas
--