directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject General question regarding dependencies
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi,

Guys I have a single class that a (maven) project depends on in commons-lang.  Generally I
use commons-lang all over the place and think its great.  But what do I do if I only depend
on ValuedEnum to have type safe enumerations?

Should I just copy the class like many commons projects do (referring to the what digester
did with a particular collections class from commons-collections)?  Or should I just keep
the dependency?  I don't mind the dependency especially when where i use this project's artifact
usually includes commons-lang.

Alex