directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [eve] anyone interested in working on backend?
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:32:07 GMT
Cetin,

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 11:04, Cetin Karakus wrote:
> i am going to download and experiiment with XMLBeans

While doing this you might want a nice little use case or example
that can be used later on as we go forward.  So you might want to
start work on Syntaxes for example where I have a XML (xsd) schema
hanging around for it here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/eve/trunk/backend/merlin/src/java/org/apache/eve/schema/MerlinBootstrapSyntaxRegistry.xsd?rev=47369&root=Apache-SVN&view=auto

Here's an example of this document type:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/eve/trunk/backend/merlin/src/java/org/apache/eve/schema/MerlinBootstrapSyntaxRegistry.xconfig?rev=47369&root=Apache-SVN&view=auto

Basically what you want to do is have XMLBeans generate the code
where the bean implements the Syntax interface here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/ldap/trunk/common/src/java/org/apache/ldap/common/schema/Syntax.java?rev=47269&root=Apache-SVN&view=auto

Factories created by XML beans should generate instances of Syntax when
these configurations are parsed.

How does that sound for a starter experiment with XMLBeans?  Also note
the email from Bruce Snyder about the Maven plugin for it ;).

BTW you're approach with your friend Serdar is excellent.  One of you
handles the parsing of the LDAP schema descriptions and the other
handles the XML description parse.  The next stage will be to actually
render these schema objects either as XML or as the LDAP schema
description.

Thanks,
Alex