directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [ldap] anyone interested in working on schema object parser/renders
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 02:40:11 GMT
Hi again,

Here's another thing that can be done.  There are schema objects in LDAP
like objectClass's, attributeTypes and a bunch of other objects.  These
have been moved into the LDAP common library from the server to be used
by both servers and clients.

These LDAP schema objects have a syntax.  Each object has its own
syntax.  What we have to do is write a parser using antlr or hand weave
one that generates these objects while parsing a schema object's text.
We need a parser for each kind of schema object.  Furthermore on the
flip side we need renderers that transform these schema objects into a
descriptor representation based on their syntax.

Right now this is a missing part of the API which we will eventually
have to fill in.  Is there anyone interested in picking up this flag and
running with it?

Alex