directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: General question regarding dependencies
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2004 08:13:04 GMT
From: "Alex Karasulu" <aok123@bellsouth.net>

> Guys I have a single class that a (maven) project depends on in
commons-lang.  Generally I use commons-lang all over the place and think its
great.  But what do I do if I only depend on ValuedEnum to have type safe
enumerations?

> Should I just copy the class like many commons projects do (referring to
the what digester did with a particular collections class from
commons-collections)?  Or should I just keep the dependency?  I don't mind
the dependency especially when where i use this project's artifact usually
includes commons-lang.

I would vote for the "keep the full dependency" option. Otherwise we are
risking some nasty surprises down the road when other classes are depended
upon as well.

Niclas