directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [seda] API & IMPL project/jar consolidation
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:35:17 GMT

If I understand correctly you are including a reference to a version of
commons-logging in classes that would not be isolated behind an api.
This means that any class running in a classloader below your classes
will be locked into that version of commons-logging.  Equally, if the
version of common logging that you depend on may not be the same as the
version of commons logging in the classloader chain above you.

On the otherhand - if you package you stuff with a clean api and a
separate impl, none of the above potential problems can occur.

Cheers, Steve.