directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [naming] Inquiring about status
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:45:37 GMT
> > What about the JNDI Configurator?  Shouldn't that also
> > tie into naming?

> XmlConfigurator is for populating the in memory JNDI from an XML file.

Ah ... so you aren't refering to
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/apidocs/org/apache/commons/c
onfiguration/XMLConfiguration.html?  OK, that would explain why we weren't
understanding each other.

> I'm guessing that JNDI configurator is for commons-configuration
> to populate Java beans from a JNDI tree?

See:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/apidocs/org/apache/commons/c
onfiguration/JNDIConfiguration.html.  It implements a Jakarta Commons
configuration based upon a JNDI context root.

You're right in that for naming, we're looking to populate a JNDI context
from a data source for some form, especially the J2EE mandated XML.

	--- Noel