directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Janus] SUN likes this name too it seems.
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2004 18:32:58 GMT

Alex Karasulu wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 17:20, Vincent Tence wrote:
>
>>Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>>>Vincent,
>>>
>>>http://www.sun.com/2004-0803/feature/
>>
>>I've seen that as well. Does it makes any difference to us?
>>
> I don't think so but it would be good to get someone like Noel's opinion
> on this one.

IMHO it's usually always better to avoid taken names if possible.

That said, if a used name is still chosen or it's less than trivial to
change it, it's still usually not a problem: in this case the name would
be "Apache Janus", not "Janus". This is how we deal with MS "Avalon" or
Sony's "Cocoon".

             - verba volant, scripta manent -