directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Wes McKean" <wmck...@logictrends.com>
Subject Re: Status
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:28:33 GMT
Excellent.  In our discussion, we had mentioned removing some dependancies revolving around
third party packages with the new stuff we are writing.  I have looked at all the new stuff,
and I just need you to point me at the packages that have the dependancies that need to be
removed.  I can run with it from there.

Wes

From: Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net>
Date:  Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:15:44 -0400

>Hey Wes,
>
>> I got the trunk to compile clean.
>
>Great!
>
>> branches is complaining about missing classses, so it is not compiling.
>
>No worries with the branches Wes.  Sorry about the distraction which is my fault.  I need
to cleanup the mess.  Some of the branch code may be abandoned, experimental, or a work in
progress.  So please just disregard it.

>> Alex, if you could jump start me in the right direction...  Perhaps a phone call
is in order.

>Sure I'm at your disposal but let's keep the conversation open and on this list in case
other lurkers can benefit from it.  If we get stuck as a last resort we can always use another
means.  But we should try to the best of our ability to be list oriented because we can always
historically reference these conversations and hopefully enlighten other onlookers. We need
to get into this practice to really build out this community.

>With that said, what other problems are you encountering?  We had spoken about serializing
some of the PDU's and their respective stubs for the tests so we do not have to have test
cases depending directly on the Snacc4J runtime jar.  What do you think about the approach?