directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [naming] Inquiring about status
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:22:14 GMT
> What about the JNDI Configurator?  Shouldn't that also tie into naming?

I think we are talking about the reverse here. XmlConfigurator is for populating
the in memory JNDI from an XML file. I'm guessing that JNDI configurator is for
commons-configuration to populate Java beans from a JNDI tree?

I haven't looked at commons-configuration, but there is every chance it also
loads XML config files and could be used instead.

I think at this point it is best to see where the release takes it and let
demand drive the functionality added.

- Brett