directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [naming] Inquiring about status
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 05:21:44 GMT
> The Jakarta Commons Configuration folks wanted to know if it was ready for a
> Release.  Considering the origin of the code, and the fact that we've
> already released it as part of Tomcat before relocating it, I'd suggest that
> the Incubator PMC would be willing to allow a Release of that code, if it is
> ready.

I agree. I've been using it in production for a year now (3 years if you count
it as part of Tomcat 4 :).

I think the XmlConfigurator I wrote probably isn't as complete as it could be,
but is certainly usable. A release would get more feedback from users in this
regard.

> We should also see if there have been any changes to the code in Tomcat.
> Ideally, Tomcat should get the code from us, and contribute changes back.

Definitely. However, while the XmlConfigurator is modelled on the Tomcat config,
I'm sure it doesn't match up. I'd be interested if there was a more general way
to reuse this (I'm not familiar with how Tomcat parses and loads its
configuration files).

Cheers,
Brett