directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: purging snacc dependencies
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:49:49 GMT
On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 01:57, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Alex:
>
> I've been digging around in the test cases - seems that there are a few
> snacc deps left.  Any chance you could post a summary of what needs to
> be cleaned up to close this particular subject?

Hey Steve thanks for stepping up to the plate.  I have a JIRA on this
matter here:

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSNICKERS-61

Take a look at it for the details.  The proposed fix now looks over
engineers but the idea is instead of using Snacc to generate request and
response data at runtime we can just store binary files with its output
for the tests.  That way we can remove snacc completely from out tests
while still testing snickers using snacc4j output.

Lemme know if I can clarify anything after you take a look at that JIRA.

Thanks,
Alex