directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [snickers] Problems with indeterminate length encodings
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:57:16 GMT
Hi,

After finishing the bind, and most of the search PDU's for the snickers
provider (da guy transforming to and from req/resp stubs) I started to
test everything then discovered what may be a major problem: the JNDI
LDAP provider and OpenLDAP clients seem to reject indeterminate length
encodings.  I tested this a few times and still think I'm messing
something up.  I have to be is what I'm thinking because these BER
decoders have got to be right.

Anyway rather than spend a bunch of time trying to analyze the problem
I'm thinking of changing the design of the encoders to now be able to
switch between indeterminate and determinate length encodings.  I
already created a encoder-redesign branch for this work.

I might go back and try to figure out why the indeterminate form is
bombing by analyzing the BER encodings of various libraries later.

Alex


Mime
View raw message