directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Progress
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:39:42 GMT
Wes,

Good to hear from ya.

> 1.  I need to compile Snickers.  How do I do that?

CD into the snickers project and do a

$ maven

at the command line to compile it.

> 2.  I need an answer to the following question:

> I need to replace the dependancies in the test code with our PDUs,
> which is fine.  We can do the encode/decode checks and make sure t
> hey all come out with out stuff, but how do we check interoperability
> with other libraries, say Sun, Netscape, and Novell SDKs without
> creating a third party dependancy?

The idea I had in the Jira was to serialize the PDU into a file as well
as the Stub object associated with the PDU.  So a snacc generated PDU
can for example be read from a file by Snickers and the serialized
object can be checked in the testcase.  Does that make sense?

Alex