directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Web site ready - give it a try
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 19:22:13 GMT
>>> Personally I'm -1 on moving away from Eve.
>> For descriptive navigation?  Or for the package name?
> As in brand management.

I'd rather worry about code and project management.  Who cares about Jasper?

In any event, Nicola Ken has a valid point.  And I agree with Vince that the
primary focus can be on the web site:

Vince wrote:
> I like the idea of explicit names on the main web site. It will ease
> navigation for newbies.

> I'd like to keep the nicknames though, so we keep package names short.

I don't see any need to change the package names at this time.  Nicola has a
point about using codenames instead of descriptive package names, but I
think that once developers know what Snickers does for them, it will be as
recognizable as org.apache.asn1.*, and less likely to collide.  After all,
we have org.apache.xerces, not org.apache.xml-parser.  :-)

	--- Noel