directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: RE: [VOTE] Re: Re: Web site ready - give it a try
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 21:23:19 GMT
> I don't think this is an instance of bike shed analogy

Well it is a bit of a silly thing to argue about.  And people can be very
passionate about the color of the bike shed, so passion isn't a good
indicator.

Nicola Ken raised a point.  I think that there is general agreement on part
of the point, and obviously a lack of consensus on other parts.  So let's
take what we've got and move along with it.  Trying to have a vote to agree
to not discuss something for a couple of years just isn't going to happen.
You can't legislate when someone will want to talk about something.  But so
long as there isn't a consensus, things aren't going to change, so stop
worrying about it.  Nicola Ken made an valid comment about navigation, and
that can be dealt with on its merits.

	--- Noel