directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Learning deescalation
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:12:26 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Thank you, Nicola Ken, for a general, appropriate, and well-considered
> message.  You  have pointed out an area of community building that should be
> learned, without pointing figures at anyone.  Not only is it appropriate for
> all projects, but even more so for a project mentor to express in the
> Incubator.

Wow - I'm sorry Noel ... but I have to say ...

   *ROTFL*

Nicola made some constructive points - he also went overboard in
reacting to Alex - something that Nicola is prone to doing from time to
time.  Please - lets be a little realistic - Nicola is not tracking this
project in detail and is not involved at and tangible level but that
does not give Nicola - or you - the right to start tromping around with
statements about "mentors", "appropriateness" or worst of all - Nicola
posting his opinions on deescalation (and Nicola is 100% familiar with
the reasons why he is the last person on the planet to assume any
authority on this subject).

Get back to the agenda "all of you" - there is a cut on the new site -
the people who are committing are happy with the cut. Yes - we can put
in changes here and there and keep the observers happy - and if that
makes us happy - then cool go to town.  Remember - if someone doesn't
like something then they can post a patch.  In the meantime don't forget
that more than a couple of people have been investing energy into the
promotion of product using brands.  Anyone tracking this forum will be
aware of that - and anyone tracking this forum would understand Alex's
position (which is operational very close to my own).

Bottom line - Alex is doing a fantastic job - give the guy some space -
no need for flack.  This list is about more important things than
individual opinions on deescalation or appropriateness - Nicola or Noel
- if you want to respond - respond to me on the incubator list and I'll
give you your money's worth.

Cheers, Stephen.