directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: Re: Web site ready - give it a try
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 22:20:27 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Oh boy, I figured I'd have to reply to this thread at some point.
> Nicola you opened a can of worms for us again :).  Hopefully we
> can put it to rest this time.

Did you wake up on the wrong side today Alex? :o)  I am sure you
didn't need to go through the roof. But nevertheless...

<satire-warning>
And regarding "branding management".
  *  Avalon Merlin -> Avalon server
  *  Jakarta Struts -> Jakarta Web MVC
  *  James -> formerly known as Jakarta Mail Server
  *  Cocoon -> formerly known as XML Publishing Framework

Do you (Noel) think that would help ASF in ANY way whatsoever ??

</satire-warning>

[X] lay the naming issue to rest for now until two or more years
[X] have strong branding and brand promotions. Generic names won't cut it.

Niclas