directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: Re: Web site ready - give it a try
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 21:34:23 GMT

Alex Karasulu wrote:
> As you can see, I vote to lay this to rest so I can get back to the code
> and to topics of technology.  My time is precious and finite.  I don't
> want to waste time every quarter debating over lengthy email trails
> whether or not these names should be changed.

Don't get me wrong, but the only lengthy mail I have read has been
yours. The easiest way to not waste time in a discussion is simply not
to take part in it: if enough developers don't take part in it, the
topic won't continue. A simple "we have already discussed it, we prefer
to keep the names" would have sufficed. I agree with Noel that this vote
really looks like "let's decide once and for all what we want the
bikeshed color to be".

On the other hand, I'm a bit concerned about how this thread, which
contained only about some random thoughts and suggestions, has quickly
degenerated. The best thing is to do in these cases is *not* to escalate
things, like others on this thread have done. I'll now crawl back to my
observation point, hoping that nobody will reply to this mail but just
think about it.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -