directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: ASN compiler
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:32:57 GMT
Jason,

Sorry for getting back to you so late: busy time right now.

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 12:30, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Has anyone seen this:
>
> http://www.forge.com.au/Research/products/arc/arc.htm

I think I saw this ages ago but felt it was incomplete.  It has come a
long way though in the last 2 years.  Thanks for brining it back into
our radar screen.

> Just figured I would mention it as I've been farting around with it in
> the last couple days.

How was your exprience with it?  Are you liking it?  What features do
you like?  What features do you dislike?  What do you think about the
classes generated for the ASN.1 stubs?

One thing I noticed is this is all blocking.  Meaning you suck in the
entire message then decode it in one shot so you usually have a ~2x the
amount of data at some point in time.  It does not seem to support
chunking to maintain small footprints.  It does however seem close to
being complete.

Alex