directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: RE: [VOTE] Re: Re: Web site ready - give it a try
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 03:25:47 GMT
All,

In my last email I said I'd get back to give my input on some kind of
potential improvement with the navigation structure.  Initially I
started by trying to get inside what others are thinking in terms of an
ontological breakdown.  I thought of something like this:

asn.1
  - snickers
ldap
  - api
  - clients
  - servers
    - eve
naming
security
  - rms
  - janus

Then it occurred to me that this will not work.  Looking at Jakarta and
its commons as well as other Apache projects I noticed that a subproject
based breakdown predominates.  Then I got hit with dejavu.  I had done
this before when I first whipped up the website 6 months ago after
copying the Avalon site as a template.

After looking hard again at our site I'm satisfied with the present
subproject based navigation more so than this one above and other
proposed alternatives.  You have a clear idea of what projects are as
users drill down into subprojects.  If others are still interested in
making changes then let's discuss them one by one.  I think we just need
more examples if we're to take another route.

Alex