directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [eve] merlin wrappers
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 14:56:58 GMT
Steve,

Quick question for ya.  I just finished the consolidation of the Eve
interfaces and pojo services into a single maven project.  This has the
SPI interfaces for all the components and the default service
implementation as a POJO only (non-Avalon specific component).  I moved
all the merlin wrapper projects into their own area.  Do you think its
worth it to keep the Merlin wrappers for each component separate?

The reason why I ask this is because of thoughts that came my way while
consolidating.  First Merlin probably will have the ability at some
point to hot swap blocks because of the attention to detail with respect
to class loading schemes.  We can still benefit from this to allow hot
swaping if the Avalon wrapper components are in separate jars.  Is this
a correct assumption?

The second thought was what the heck am I going to do with the different
conf/ directories I have for integration tests on the Merlin wrappers
using Merlin-Unit.  Right now having each component in its own project
makes it easy to have its separate conf/ directory to test the component
with.  The top level compoent for the frontend called the 'frontend
component' will have the final block.xml for the server's
configuration.  What are your opinions and thoughts here?

Alex