directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [sitedocs] Reworking the docs
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:29:57 GMT
On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 22:39, Vincent Tence wrote:
> I've been trying to build the website using the multiproject goal for
> the last 2 hours without success. I'm giving up.

Sorry this is probably my fault :(.

> I have some questions regarding the multiproject plugin:
>
> 1. Should we still be using a sitedocs subproject or should we move the
> xdocs to the top-level directory project?

Don't know would that be easier for ya.  Look if you're going to wrestle
with things go ahead and chop it away - do what you think is best.  We
understand some things may break in the process and they can be
addressed so if you want to scrap my crap go ahead and restructure as
you please.  Trust me this may not be the best way to go.

> 2. Do we still need the sitedocs/trunk/xdocs/subprojects dir?

Probably not - I want to get rid of this subprojects layer.  Let's go
ahead and restructure.

> 3. What happens when subprojects in turn contains subprojects with xdocs
> (I know eve does)?

Yeah I see where you're going its a damn nightmare.  Tell me what you
want to do?

> 4. I understood we should get rid of our .jsl template and custom site
> post goals. Is that correct?

Yes.  We want the maven functionality out of the box to keep things
simple.

> 5. Is there any requirement in the subprojects project.xml file for the
> multiproject:site goal to work?

Don't know have never used the multiproject:site goal.  I was intending
to get involved.  Right now I'm doing the eve consolidation.  I will
cleanup the docs with you but tell me where you want to go with site
document generation?  Let's cordinate but you take the reigns on this
one - let me know how you want me to grok it.