directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: schema assumptions and preferences
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:05:30 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 11:47, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>>I'm currently digging into the schema module - basically trying to
>>figure out the assumptions that eve is making concerning content
>>available in its home directory.
>>
>>I can across this comment ...
>>
>>    //
>>    // Right now the only way to add these files to the sar is via the
>>    // <lib> or <classes> nexted sar directive in the ant build.  This
>>    // unfortunately packages the schema files under the
>>    // apps/ldapd/SAR-INF/lib directory rather than at the top level.
>>    //
>>    // I tried to update the sar by using jar to add the schema directory
>>    // and its contents to the top level directory but updates fail on
>>    // jar.
>>
>>Can anyone give me a quick update on what the ideal scenario would be
>>concerning the way we introduce schema files to a system?
>

> The idea way would be to have them dropped into a directory to be picked
> up by the server but a base line needs to be present for things to work
> from t0 on.

Have hunted around a bit and my conclusion is to put in a small
component that will expose a repository client interface and we just
pull in schema entries on demand. This way - if we like it we can easily
re-use it in the real eve and we can swap around implementation
strategies without any impact from the container your running in.

Cheers, Steve.