directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Snickers Jar Consolidation
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:05:02 GMT
Hi all,

Alan and I had some discussions on IRC that we wanted to post to the
list since the darn logger is not working :(.

Alan cleaned up and improved a bunch of my yucky code in another branch
that he will be massaging and merging back into the trunk.  Once this is
done I will consolidate the codec-stateful maven project code into the
ber-codec code.

Here's what the trunk top level directory for snickers looks like today
with respect to the maven projects:

ber-codec
codec-stateful
ldap-ber-provider
stub-compiler

Here's what it will look like when we're done:

runtime
ldap-ber-provider
stub-compiler
spnego (explained below)

So basically we want to remove as many dependencies as possible.  First
off we're going to make a clean break from any deps on commons-codec.
Secondly we're going to consolidate all the new statefull interfaces
(which will all be revamped later) into the runtime.  This will then be
one deliverable jar for the Snickers runtime.

This is being done in preparation for using Snickers to generate/read
SPNEGO tokens in Geronimo.

Alex