directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Machols" <jmach...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Retrofitting the old code base with snickers
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 01:43:26 GMT

> VOTE:
>
> [ ] Scratch the whole idea and continue with Eve in trunk
> [X] Create defunct Eve branch using initial pre-subversion code base

I like the idea of getting "something" out there.  Sure we did that from
the sourceforge project, but eve has gotten more exposure, plus since
then she (as Alex would refer to the project) now has the "official"
name of Eve, not ldapd.  That may not be a huge deal but its good to
have something tangible.

I think a branch makes more sense so you don't convolute any of the new
code.  If it turns out you can use some of it in the trunk, we can just
merge it in.  Once the branch is done, we can depreciate it so it is
still readable, or get rid of it totally

We obviously need to be careful to ensure it understood this is still
pre-alpha, but I think the early adapters will accept this.

Jeff

---