directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [rms] Using int verses Integer and native key/value ordering
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:32:57 GMT
Hi,

It's me again got a couple more questions:

1). I peeked at the way an Integer is serialized in the TupleBinding
class.  It appears as though the native sorting order of integer keys
and values will be the natural integer order.  Just double checking
so I don't need to write a comparator for an Integer key or value right?

2). Also is there a way to not have to wrap primitive types using the
binding API's - basically is there some means to just setData on an entry
but get the binding to produce a byte[] from a int and not an Integer
object?

I was asking #2 because I found myself creating utilities that simply
repeated the binding code for primitives to avoid creating wrappers.

Thanks,
Alex