directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [sitedocs] Flattening the navigation a bit
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 20:21:22 GMT
Hi,

As I was working on integrating the RMS documentation into the top
level site I began to thing about how deeply nested we're getting to
be.  Basically we're maintaining the entire directory structure for
all the subprojects.

We do this here for example with Eve take a look:

http://incubator.apache.org/directory/subprojects/eve/frontend/components/bu
ffer/index.html

What I'm proposing is that when you enter the subproject that
subproject becomes the root of the navigation tree.  Perhaps a .. or
up link can be used along with the horizontal navigation up top just
under the Apache Directory Project logo/banner.

Basically we're removing stuff that is not in focus.  While inside Eve
there is no reason to be looking at the Janus project or vice versa is
my feel.

If there are no objections I might go ahead and do that just to see
what it looks like and if we want to we can revert back.

Alex