directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: [vote] RMS - Realm Management System
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 13:55:56 GMT
<snip/>

> > Absolutely if JNDI provider exists we can make it work with that
> > provider no mater what the storage medium is.
>
> Sounds to me more like it would *be* the provider, IIUC; unless what you
> mean is support for federating data from other JNDI providers.  Do you see
> this as something that will be embedded in containers or just providing
> remote data services via LDAP, JDBC, SOAP, etc?

Oh its would be a higher level service that could very well be embedded in
containers.

> Any plans to support XACML, SAML, WSS or other standards for the
> authorization and policy expression APIs?  Liberty?

Actually yes we definitely need to look at support for XACML and SAML.  I'm
keen on following these specifications however I have not had the time to
incorporate them.  Once an initial version is out there will be time to
start looking at how we can specify ACLs using XACML etc.  Right now it's a
simple tool to enable identity centralization without having to replicate
the same User and Groups table in every application.

Alex