directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Nominate Ibiblio Content Manager
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2004 18:52:00 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Are you saying that in order for someone to use Maven to build the code,
> they need access to project artifacts published on ibiblio?  If you are
> saying that Maven forces Incubator projects to make public publication of
> code, that raises some concern.
>
> Mark, is it not possible for us to host artifacts for maven on
> cvs.apache.org somewhere so that they are not put out in the public
> perception as "released" code?  Can you work with us so that Incubator
> projects can use Maven without having to push the boundaries?  Does
> something like "cvs.apache.org/incubator-repository" make sense?  Please
> advise.  :-)

I am not a maven expert, but I don't think that anything other than
external jars needs to be externally hosted -- i.e., you can install
internally generated jars to the local maven repo to get multi-project
builds to work. I think you can get maven to do that automatically using
install goals.  That's how the directory-naming build works now. See
http://incubator.apache.org/directory/subprojects/naming/building.html.

Phil